May 08, 2005

Dedicated to Mother's Day

"The noblest calling in the world is that of mother. True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions. She who can paint a masterpiece or who can write a book that will influence millions deserves the plaudits and admiration of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters whose immortal souls will be exerting an influence throughout the ages long after painting shall have faded, and books and statues shall have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give."- David O. McKay

A Godly Mother
prays with and for her children
reads the Scriptures to and with her children
teaches her children to live a Christian life
prays for the salvation of her family
manages the home
worships the Lord
has a song in her heart
comforts and disciplines her children sings "Jesus" songs to her children

The Influence of a Mother

"The mother, more than any other, affects the moral and spiritual part of the children’s character. She is their constant companion and teacher in formative years. The child is ever imitating and assimilating the mother’s nature. It is only in after life that men gaze backward and behold how a mother’s hand and heart of love molded their young lives and shaped their destiny."- E.W. Caswell


"Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined."- John S.C. Abbott

"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."– W. R. Wallace

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."- Abraham Lincoln

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."- George Washington

"The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom."- Henry Ward Beecher

"I cannot tell you how much I owe to the solemn word of my good mother."- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

"Education commences at the mother's knee, and every word spoken within the hearing of little children tends towards the formation of character."- Hosea Ballou