May 09, 2005

Fun & Faith

The grass withers
the flower fades,
But the Word of our God
stands forever.

Isaiah 40:8
FUN QUIZ - as you can see I'm 75% All American!
Just click on the link to find your style...

Your Linguistic Profile:

75% General American English
20% Yankee
5% Dixie
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

FAITH - 'COME NEAR TO GOD AND HE WILL COME NEAR TO YOU...' James 4:8
Christian leader John Bisagno says, 'Faith is at the heart of life. You go to a doctor whose name you cannot pronounce, he gives you a prescription you cannot read, you take it to a pharmacist you don't know, he gives you medication you don't understand - and you take it.' That's faith! What could be worse than not having faith in God? When something good happens, who would you give thanks to? When something bad happens, who would you run to? If you wait until you can explain God, you'll never turn to Him. F.B. Mayer before he went to be with the Lord said, 'Unbelief puts our circumstances between us and God. But faith puts God between us and our circumstances.' Who wouldn't like to have the Creator of the universe helping them!

'But I haven't got a Christian family. None of my friends are particularly interested in God. How do I find faith?' A famous old preacher called DL Moody said, 'I prayed for faith and thought that some day it would come down and strike me like lightning, but faith did not seem to come. Then one day I read the tenth chapter of Romans, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." I closed my Bible and prayed for faith. Then I opened my Bible and began to study - and faith has been growing ever since.' You might still be a bit stuck, thinking, 'But I don't know how to pray.' Just kneel and say, 'Jesus, I accept You as my friend, AND my boss too.' Go ahead, do it now - it's a prayer you'll never regret!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
from Word for Today