July 21, 2005

Mistakes and Forgiveness

William Blake:
It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.

If you're human, you'll make mistakes. Sorry but it's true. I myself can attest to this first hand. Thankfully God in his wisdom made provision for us in the Bible.

Mat 18:21-22 Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?"
Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

Oh how glad I am that God knew I would hurt even those I call brother and need their forgiveness. Thank you Lord for accepting and knowing me as imperfect, needing grace along the way as I do this thing called the Christian walk. I am ever growing and changing as you continue to transform me into the person you desire me to be. Thank you Lord for the provision of forgiveness. May I strive to be more like you each day so that by me there is less hurt in the tomorrows.