June 28, 2005

God's Law... My Mouth

God's Law...My Mouth

I have the giftedness of a Teacher mixed with that of an Exhorter. Wonderful gifts, I agree.
For me, it means that when it comes to the Word of God (Bible) I am black and white. When it comes to the Law of the Lord, I am black and white.

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; Psa 19:8 the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; Psa 19:9 the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.



Psa 19:7-9 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.

So what's the problem, simple, my mouth. His Law and ways are perfect. But sometimes my mouth gets in the way of His heart. I so want to encourage others to live by the Law and Word and have the blessed life God promises, that sometimes I am quick to speak and slow to listen. (Jam 1:19 ...let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger...) In my efforts I don't sprinkle in enough mercy.

I can push away rather than pull one towards the path of righteousness. For this I am very sorrowful. It is my focus this week to begin taking a step back and do a bit of observing before I jump in--mouth first. I believe that this new revealtion is a blessing that the Lord has revealed so it can be corrected. I am grateful for His reproof. As the Proverb says:

My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline or be weary of his reproof, for the LORD reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.Prov 3:11-12

May I continue to learn by the hand of my Lord, Jesus Christ so I can be a light that shines rather than burns.

Scripture Memorization Verse:
Psalm 19:14