May 10, 2006

THE INFLUENCE OF MOTHERS

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

Eliza Spurgeon
Forever influenced by a mother who taught him about Christ, read to him from the Scriptures, and continued to pray for him, Charles Haddon Spurgeon would eventually accept Christ and become one of the most memorable preachers of his and our time.

Morrow Coffey Graham
"On Sunday afternoons my mother would read Bible stories to us. I sometimes rebelled, thinking that she was too rigid and that she was trying to cram religion down my throat. But later-and always on Mother's Day-I would call her by long-distance telephone and tell her again of my love and appreciation for those early years in which she and my father trained me in the things of God."
--Quote by Billy Graham, from “The Example of a Godly Mother”